Small Acreage Management:
- Bird Id, backyard bird feeding, bird counting, bird facts, etc
- A Complete Guide to Bird Watching
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology - online guide to bird watching, all about birds
- Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory – Located in Brighton, CO, events, publications, education, etc
Dealing with Unwanted Wildlife
- Specific Animal Control – Prairie Dogs, Voles, Skunks, Birds, Snakes, Deer, Elk, etc.
- Fencing with Wildlife in Mind – Guidelines and details for constructing fences with wildlife in mind.
- Have a Wildlife Question? Contact Parks and Wildlife.
- Internet Center for Wildlife Damage Management - University of Nebraska has many fine publications and links.
- Living with Urban Wildlife
Bees and Other Pollinators
- Attracting Bats - Build a Bat House and Criteria for Successful Bat Houses
- Biology of Some Common Bees and Wasps
- Gardening For Insects - butterfly gardening, flowers that attract native bees, honey bees, and moths
- Build a Nest For Native Bees
- DriftWatch - Register your pesticide-sensitive areas, a resource for pesticide applicators
- Friendly Pesticides for Home Gardens
- Attracting Butterflies to the Garden
- Nuisance Wasps and Bees
- Beneficial Insects and Other Arthropods
- Insect Control: Soaps and Detergents
- Insect Control: Horticultural Oils
- Wildflowers in Colorado
- Native Herbaceous Perennials for Colorado Landscapes
- Herbaceous Perennials
More Wildlife Resources
- NRCS Wildlife Habitat Tip sheet
- National Wildlife Federation Garden for Wildlife
- Backyard Conservation – published by NRCS, this publication will help you make your backyard more attractive by increasing food and shelter for birds, reducing soil erosion, and much more.
- National Diversity Information Source - CO's Biological Map and Data Resource.
- Wildlife Factsheets
- The Xerces Society - Invertebrate Conservation
SAM Newsletter Articles
- Fall Birdhouse Cleaning - fall 2013
- Where Do They Go for Winter? - fall 2013
- Dragonfly Pond Watch - summer 2013
- Protecting and Enhancing Riparian Areas – fall 2012
- Improving Land for Pheasant and Other Grassland Birds – fall 2011
- Snakes – summer 2012
- Wildlife and Mountain Living – spring 2011
- Pocket Gophers Signs Are Showing Up Again – spring 2012
- Stop the Japanese Beetle – fall 2010
- Pollinators – spring 2010
- Got Voles – winter 2010
- Mountain Pine Beetle – winter 2009
Updated Thursday, November 21, 2013