Small Acreage Management:
Composting is a wonderful strategy to create free and nutrient-rich soil usable in your garden and houseplants. Manure and bedding, household food waste, grass clippings, and leaves are perfect additions to a compost pile.
- ATTRA Soils and Compost info
- Composting 101 - a guide for beginners
- Composting - Composting techniques can reduce weed seeds and plant pathogens.
- High County Composting
- How Does Composting Work, What Can I Compost, etc - StopFoodWaste
Use a long composting thermometer to monitor the internal temperature of your pile.
- Success Tips for Vermicomposting
- Colorado's Worm Composting Expert John Anderson (the Worm Man) - getting started, workshops, resources, activities, recipes, and publications
- DIY Worm Composting Bin - Vermicompost.net
SAM Newsletter Articles
Updated Friday, April 19, 2013