Information for livestock producers and consumers related to animal diseases.
If you suspect a case of anthrax do not handle the animal and do not open it up. Please, immediately call a veterinarian to sample the animal without opening the carcass. Also, please notify the Colorado Department of Agriculture’s Office of the State Veterinarian, Dr. Keith Roehr. Handling the carcass and the body tissues and fluids represents the biggest threat for people.
- News Releases
- Two Cows on Two Additional Colorado Premises Test Positive for Anthrax - State Veterinarian's Office - August 15, 2012
- Additional Cow on an Adjacent Colorado Premises Tests Positive for Anthrax - State Veterinarian's Office - August 22, 2012
- Anthrax: A Guide for Livestock Producers
- Anthrax: What to Know
- Biosecurity for Livestock Shows and Fairs
- Cattleman's Library
- CSU Beef Team
- Merck Veterinary Manual - Anthrax
- Veterinary Extension
Updated Tuesday, August 05, 2014