Choosing a Lawn Care Company
The lawn care industry is very competitive, so it is important to consider the credentials of lawn care companies when searching for one. The most important questions to ask are:
- How long has the company been in business?
- Is the company a member in good standing with the local Better Business Bureau?
- Is it a member of the Professional Lawn Care Association of America, which can be reached at (800) 458-3466?
- Is the company a member of the Colorado Association of Lawn Care Professionals, (303) 850-7587?
- Is the company licensed to apply lawn care chemicals? Application of any chemicals other than fertilizer requires a license from the Colorado Department of Agriculture, (303) 239-4146.
- What services does the company provide and can it be flexible with the timing of applications? Will the company eliminate or reduce pesticides used in its programs?
- Will the company provide a list of local customers who can verify its performance?
Try meeting personally with representatives from a company and get two or three estimates for comparison purposes. Get a written list of services that will be provided for the quoted cost. And remember, the lowest price will not necessarily guarantee the best results and service.
Do you have a question? Try Ask an Expert!
Updated Monday, February 01, 2016