Lawn Irrigation Self Audit (LISA)
Public Service Announcement - Denis Reich
Information about LISA - Denis Reich
Irrigation Systems Maintenance - Curtis Swift
LISA is a small kit of tools available from your local Extension office for the purpose of optimizing water use for lawn sprinkler systems. If Colorado is to accommodate another 3 million people over the next 25 years – most of them in towns and cities – the demand for urban water conservation and the cost of to water a lawn can only increase. A diagnostic kit like LISA allows for a quick and effective assessment of lawn irrigation and the means to optimize it. The optimal operation of a lawn sprinkler system eliminates unnecessary watering that leads to time consuming weed problems and inflated water bills.
LISA has been designed by a statewide team of CSU Horticulture and Water Resource expertise with the goals of:
- Maximizing wise use of urban water.
- Improving lawn health.
- Less time and money invested in lawn maintenance.
LISA kits can be leased or purchased from extension. Please contact a LISA team member to learn more.
- Determining Your Soil Type
- Inspecting and Correcting Lawn Irrigation
- LISA PowerPoint given at CCAA meeting, November 2010
- Operating and Maintaining Lawn Irrigation
- Watering Established Lawns
Updated Wednesday, July 22, 2015