- Energy Information Administration: National and international data on petroleum, natural gas, electricity, coal, renewable energy, and nuclear energy sources from the US Department of Energy. Each page contains reports, analyses and forecasts. Historic and state data are also available.
- Power Technologies Energy Data Book: Data and information on renewable energy sources: biomass, geothermal, hydroelectric, solar and wind from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
- Renewable resource data center: NREL’s extensive collection of renewable energy resource data, maps, and tools. Biomass, geothermal, solar, and wind resource data for locations throughout the United States can be found through the RReDC.
- Residential & commercial building energy data: US Department of Energy’s national and state level data on buildings energy consumption, from 2000 to 2008. Transportation energy consumption data are also available.
- Solar radiation data: NASA data on solar radiation of user-selected region (use must enter both latitudes and longitudes of two diagonal corners of a region). Daily averaged data available for single sites (enter coordinates for latitude and longitude).
- Alternative fuels data center: US DOE provides this data so users can determine current and potential demand for alternative fuels and have insight into fuels and technologies that are favored over time. These data identify trends in flexible fuel vehicles, fuel efficiency, and how fleets are using alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs).
- Wind Energy Resource Library: Searchable library on wind energy and technology, provided by the Industrial Wind Action Group. Specific topics include: general; technology; impact on wildlife; impact on landscape; impact on people; impact on economy; safety; energy policy; and zoning/planning.
- Colorado Wind Activities: US DOE’s windpower page for Colorado.
- Renewable Energy Tax Information: Information on the Colorado Department of Local Affairs’ Division of Property Taxation’s state assessment procedures for properties with renewable facilities/installations.
- Wind: Access to information on US Federal wind energy sites, wind energy associations, US state wind web sites, utility wind programs, wind periodicals, general wind information, US wind research sites, and US wind projects. Sidebar links to energy data, including Colorado.
Updated Thursday, April 25, 2013